We are honored to a part of the statewide Festival of Farms this coming Saturday with two tours on our farm. The Crow River Chapter of Sustainable Farming Association is also sponsoring two other locations, in Hutchinson, the same day.
The two tours at our farm each have a different emphasis:
This tour will be a general overview of the farm for the public and interested farmers, and will feature such things as:
- Gourmet Garlic, and other root vegetables
- Rotational Grazing for cattle and pastured chickens
- The ongoing Conservation Work that started with Mariénne’s father in the 1940s
This tour is offered as a cooperative venture of Keep Cattle In Minnesota, the Minnesota Dairy Initiative, the Pasture Project, the Natural Resources Conservation Service and Sustainable Farming Association, and is intended for farmers, ag educators and members of the public who are interested in conservation, soil health and creative ways to run cattle on smaller acreage. Features:
- In-depth looks at a rotational grazing system
- Smaller acreage cover crops
- Raising replacement heifers and direct marketed beef
- Soil & water conservation practices and programs
- These Crow River tours are sponsored in part by Farm Beginnings, a farmer-led, community based training and support program from The Land Stewardship Project aimed at getting more farmers on the land farming sustainably.
So, come on out and take a look around!